Last Updated on
Sick and tired of going to the laundromat to do your laundry? We don’t blame you. Laundry is a chore when you don’t have access to a machine you can use at home. That’s where the best portable washing machines come in.
They’re ready to go in a cinch and will clean your laundry just like a normal machine. The only difference is that they’re incredibly compact, inexpensive, and portable to boot! Just slip your laundry inside and watch as the machine works its magic.
If you’re ready to do your laundry on your terms, then pick up one of the best portable washers today.
Top 10 Portable Washing Machine Reviews
Now that we’ve had a brief overview of the top 10 best portable washing machines, let’s take a look inside the pros, cons, and overall rating of each unit.
Rating: Best Brand Portable Washing Machine
The Giantex Portable Washing machine is a great choice if you’re looking for a small and compact machine that offers loads of features. With a twin tub design and large capacity, you can get all your laundry done in a fraction of the time.
- Powerful motor on the Giantex includes 300w of washing power and 110w of spinning power for an unrivalled clean
- Ultra lightweight and easily movable design makes storage super convenient
- Each washing cycle takes just 15 minutes while the spin dry cycle takes 5
- Attachments have been noted as flimsy
Rating: Best Small Portable Washing Machine
The Kuppet Mini Portable Washer is a small but ultra-affordable powerhouse! The convenient twin tub design pairs perfectly with the 1300RPM motor for a versatile yet powerful unit that delivers the perfect wash every time.
- Comes equipped with Kuppet’s signature technology that uses less water and detergent without compromising on quality or performance
- Easy drain tube means it’s a simple matter of setting the machine up and forgetting as it does its work
- 3 simple dials on the top of the washer feature options like washing time, washing mode, and dryer settings for intuitive operation
- Lesser-known brand means customer service may be an issue if problems arise
Rating: Best Portable Washer Dryer Combo
ThinkGizmos does it again with another perfect appliance that saves space and delivers quality performance. The lightweight and compact design make this washer dryer combo a dream machine for use in your home, apartment, or anywhere you travel.
- Twin tub design features a washer and dryer that function independently of one another, giving you the full laundry experience in one simple unit
- 3 convenient setting dials give you pinpoint control over the the different functions of your machine
- All you need to get going is a power supply, water, and detergent
- Timer can malfunction, so be sure to keep the instruction manual for troubleshooting
Rating: Best Portable Washing Machines for Apartments
The Best Choice Multipurpose washer is an attractive and easy to use portable machine that works great in apartments and condos. This small unit can handle up to 8 pounds of laundry at the same time, making it perfect for compact spaces that require solid performance.
- Short cleaning time with only 20 minutes required for each washing and drying cycle
- Weighing in at only 24 pounds and measuring just over 2 feet in diameter, the Best Choice Portable Washer is a great choice for tiny spaces
- Simple twin tub design allows you to set one load of laundry to wash while you dry the previous load
- The instruction manual on this unit could be more detailed
Rating: Best Cheap Portable Washing Machine
The Super Deal Portable Washing Machine is an inexpensive choice for those looking for a washer on a budget. Ultra space saving design and built-in gravity draining system means you’re getting a great deal on a powerful unit.
- Unique washing feature by Super Deal causes the water to pulsate through the machine, leaving no twisted clothes or messes
- Automatic functionality allows you to put your laundry in, set one of the 3 intuitive dials, and leave it while the cycle finishes
- Low power consumption and compact design make this a great unit for the environment and your wallet
- Intake housing is smaller than comparable portable washers
Rating: Best Portable Washer and Dryer
The Della Top Load Washer has a brand new design that features unrivalled performance, making it one of the best portable washing machines of 2019. With easy operation controls and a plethora of bonus features, you can expect a perfect clean every time.
- Easy operation allows you to simply fill the machine with clothes and water, set the timer, and begin the washing cycle
- Lightweight and portable design makes the Della Washer perfect for any location including homes, apartments, RVs, and more
- Energy saving features combined with 260w of washing power provide great performance on a budget
- It’s been reported that the Della Top Load can stretch the bandings on undergarments
Rating: Best Rated Portable Washing Machine
The Black + Decker Portable Washer is a fantastic unit with a beautiful design and intuitive LED control panel for easy operation. Featuring a 5 cycle selection and nearly perfect user ratings, the B+D Portable washer might be the best portable washer around.
- Gentle cycles that are easy on your clothes combined with 3 water levels make this a great unit for all your laundry needs
- Includes a safety shutoff feature should anything go wrong during operation
- Automatic unbalance detection will warn about and help remedy uneven laundry placement
- Adapter that connects to the water supply breaks easily
Rating: Best Mini Portable Washing Machine
The WonderWash Non-Electric Portable Mini Washer in unlike any of the other machines on our list. Its patented design allows you to clean up to 5 pounds of laundry in minutes, just by using the simple hand crank on the side of the unit.
- This ultra-small unit measures just over 1 foot in diameter and weighs only 5 pounds for incredible convenience
- Manual crank is very gentle on clothes and gives you full control over the cleaning cycle
- The WonderWash Mini Washer features a durable design that stows anywhere, making this the most affordable and flexible machine on our list
- Non-electric operation means you need to hand-crank each cycle
Rating: Best Portable Washing Machine for Condos
The Do Mini Portable Washer & Dryer sports an attractive design that works great in areas big and small. With nearly 14 pounds of laundry capacity, this unit takes care of your laundry in no time while providing unrivalled performance.
- The dual bin tubs are perfect for convenient operation, allowing you to wash and spin dry at the same time
- Consumes low power when compared to traditional washers, using only a 115v outlet and 240w of energy
- Comes in multiple color options, allowing you to choose the best portable washing machine that matches your home
- Drain hose on the Do Mini is very short and will have to be in close proximity to sink or tub
Rating: Best Portable Washing Machine
Coming in as one of the most expensive on our list, the Panda Portable Washing Machine is perhaps one of the best portable washers available. It ships standard with a wide array of options and bonus features like an electronic display and pulsating water flow.
- Timeless design and large see through windows make this unit perfect in any space
- Stainless steel tub and pulsating water flow technology means you’ll get the perfect clean every time
- Simple operation and automatic functionality allow you to just set the intuitive LED display panel and wait for the cycle to finish
- More expensive than other portable washers
What is a Portable Washing Machine?
Portable washers are small and efficient washing machines that are designed for flexibility. All you need is a sink or faucet and you’re set for a quick wash.
Portable washers take up little space and don’t weigh much compared to traditional machines. They also come with a wide array of features, including some only found on portable units! A few of the options you’ll run into include:
- Adjustable water level settings
- Speed level customization
- High load capacity
- Automatic wash cycles
- Spin dryer
Plus, depending on the brand and model you choose, each unit offers extra features that make using it easy and enjoyable.
How Do Portable Washing Machines Work?
Portable washers work the same way as most washing machines, with a few key differences like not requiring a direct connection to the water line. However, the washing cycle itself remains very simple.
First, the clothes go through an initial rinse as water pours into the washing chamber. Then the electric spinner rotates the clothes around at high speed and the detergent coats the laundry.
After they’ve been fully coated with detergent, the washer puts the clothes through another rinse cycle until they’re stripped of cleaner. Finally, the excess water is whisked away by the electric motor, and pumped out via the drain tube.
When you hear a buzz, your laundry is done and ready to dry.
Benefits of Portable Washing Machines
Portable washing machines offer a ton of amazing benefits. From the ability to stow it away after use, to taking it with you from place the place, portable washing machines are incredibly flexible.
The only caveat is that load size is about half of what you’ll get in a full size model. Since most units measure only a few cubic feet in diameter, the internal space is much more limited.
That said, all you need is a sink to operate portable washing machines! No more running to the laundromat or searching for spare quarters. You can take care of all your cleaning in the comfort of your home.
Portable Washing Machines are Great For:
- Apartments and condos. Are you renting an apartment without a washer? Portable washing machines are the way to go. There is no need for installation, and they tuck perfectly in whatever space is available.
- Extra loads. If your home goes through a lot of laundry, portable washing machines are a fantastic way to take the load off the main unit. Consider washing your children’s clothes or excess linens for efficient multitasking.
- Parents who use cloth diapers. Portable washing machines are a great option for parents who use cloth diapers. Instead of putting the diapers through your main washing unit, a portable washing machine is a clean and healthy alternative.
- Small businesses. Perhaps you do business in an office space, cafe, or small retail location that goes through towels or linens? A portable washing machine is a great option for streamlining your to do list.
Another nice thing about portable washers is that they’ll save you loads of money! Compared to a full size unit, portable washing machines cost only pennies to run and require fewer resources and maintenance. No more calling the handyman for leaks or broken parts.
Plus, there are any number of ways you can utilize a portable washing machine. Put your creativity to work and consider all the possibilities one of these units will afford you.
How to Use a Portable Washing Machine
Using a portable washer couldn’t be simpler! Check out the 5 easy steps involved in operating a portable washing machine.
- Attach the water hose to your faucet using the built-in adapter
- Place the drain hose in the sink or tub
- Add detergent and adjust your settings
- Turn the portable washer on and wait for the cycle to finish
- Remove your laundry and either hang dry or use the built-in spin dryer on your unit
Voila! You’re all set to go. However, each unit is unique so be sure to read the manual for detailed instructions and maintenance information.
How To Video
Rose over on YouTube shows you exactly how she operates her portable washing machine to get a perfect clean every time.