In the market for the best tower fans? Don’t sweat it- we’ve got you covered. Tower fans are a great way to keep cool throughout the entire year. Unlike traditional fans, the best tower fans are uniquely designed to circulate the air before blasting it out in a powerful burst. Needless to say, tower fans are a great choice for easy cooling and airflow.
We’ve put together a list of the top 10 best tower fans of 2020 to help you find the perfect unit. Let’s check ‘em out.
Top 10 Best Tower Fans: Reviews
We’ve rounded up the Top 10 Tower Fans on the market. Let’s dive into the pros, cons, and overall rating of each unit.1. Lasko 2551 Wind Curve Tower Fan
Rating: Best Tower Fan for Bedroom
The Lasko 2551 Wind Curve Fan comes equipped with remote control for distance use, and a clean air ionizer to keep things fresh. Sporting a powerful 42.5-inch tower, the Lasko 2551 is one of the best tower fans for bedroom and multipurpose use.
- Comes with 3-speed settings and an optional oscillating feature for widespread airflow
- Air ionizer offers cleaner air by sending out negative ions to charge and purify the room’s air molecules
- Portable and efficient design features a carrying handle, electronic controls, and several quality control certifications
- The Lasko 2551 is louder than many similar models and can develop a squeaking noise
Rating: Best Rated Tower Fan
The Oscillating Tower Fan by Trustech is a highly capable and ultra-efficient model. It’s equipped with top-of-the-line features like multiple speeds and settings. Hence, it is one of the top-rated tower fans on our list.
- Comes with an intuitive LED touch screen and remote control for simple adjustments
- 3 separate speed settings and 3 power modes offer the optimal room temperature
- Features a timer and auto shut off system so you can set it and leave it
- Durability and quality control have been noted as minor issues on this model
Rating: Best Tower Fan For the Money
Coming in at an incredible price point, the Lasko 2510L Tower Fan offers a lot of bang for the buck from a respected brand. You can expect your standard array of features and even a few bonus perks!
- Equipped with an electronic touch display screen for simple adjustments
- Comes with remote control for easy operation and an onboard remote storage area
- Slim design and patented safety features make it a great option for children’s rooms and smaller spaces
- Not as much power as a higher priced model
Rating: Best Oscillating Tower Fan
The oscillating feature on the Best Choice Tower Fan is second to none! You’ll get incredible air delivery and tons of options for speed and power level with the easy digital panel and remote control.
- 40” height is perfect for mid-sized rooms and general-purpose airflow, while the simple design blends perfectly with most home decor
- Whisper-quiet operation thanks to Best Choice’s unique fan design and oscillating feature
- Engineered for ease and comfort with an auto shut off system and remote control that operates across the room
- The base of the Best Choice Tower Fan can be a little unsteady
Rating: Quietest Tower Fan
Designed for silence, the Honeywell HYF290B Quietset Fan lives up to its name and then some. With 8 speed options and an easy operation panel, the Honeywell HYF290B is one of the best tower fans on our list at such an affordable price!
- Oscillating function and 8 speeds means you can easily achieve the optimal temperature for your room in no time
- Comes equipped with options for automatic shut off, ensuring hassle-free operation
- Perfect for sleep thanks to Honeywell’s unique dimming feature that allows you to adjust the brightness output from the controlled display
- Assembly of the Honeywell HYF290B is more difficult than most tower fans
Rating: Best Cooling Tower Fan
The Pelonis Tower Fan packs a punch with 3 powerful speed modes. It also has a simple LED display for easy operation and functions as one of the best cooling tower fans available.
- Comes with 60-degree oscillation capabilities for powerful and convenient use
- Intuitive design and optional remote control makes operating the Pelonis Tower Fan fun and simple
- Minimal assembly required and a 1-year warranty against all defects are great customer-oriented offerings by Pelonis
- Speed settings are all very high, and there are no lighter options available
Rating: Best Brand Tower Fan
The Arctic Pro Tower Fan is a sleek and powerful offering by one of the most iconic appliance brands on our list. Featuring your standard array of options as well as an adjustable pedestal, the Arctic Pro might just be the best tower fan of 2020.
- 3-speed settings create a wonderful airflow that is ultra-quiet, while the digital display makes operating the unit incredibly simple
- Has two configuration options for adjustable height- either attach the fan directly to the base or have it stand 42” tall
- Offers 80 degrees of oscillation, perfect for larger rooms
- The base on the Arctic Pro Tower Fan can be a little wobbly at higher speeds
Rating: Best Looking Tower Fan
Sporting what might just be the coolest design on our list, the Vornado Whole Room Tower Fan is the perfect option for those who care about style. It also features V-Flow technology for perfect circulation through any size room!
- The motor on the Vornado is rated to move up to 500 cubic feet of air per minute and push it out up to 100 feet away
- Comes equipped with 4-speed settings and an oscillating feature that doesn’t compromise on stability
- Quiet operation thanks to Vornado’s proprietary blade technology
- Very difficult to clean and not optimized for easy maintenance
Rating: Best Compact Tower Fan
This super slim tower fan by Seville Classics is the best compact tower fan on our list! Sporting a sleek but rugged aluminum reinforced frame and an ultra-efficient motor, you can expect long term durability and powerful performance in one small package.
- The internal oscillating fan rotates at 115 degrees for side-to-side airflow while optional tilt settings allow for up-and-down directional cooling
- Simple display panel gives you full control over the functioning of your Seville Tower Fan
- The programmable timer can be set to shut your fan off automatically in 30-minute intervals
- The noise level is much higher than comparable units
Rating: The Best Tower Fan
The iconic tower fan! The Dyson Air Multiplier features a breathtaking design with best in class functionality. With Dyson’s patented airflow technology, you will receive powerful streams of air without the hassle of traditional blades.
- Offers 10 airflow settings to cool your room in minutes, all while reducing noise by over 60% compared to traditional fans
- Wide-angle oscillating option and remote control make for easy adjustments and intuitive programming functions
- Ships with Dyson’s 2-year parts and labor warranty for unbeatable service and customer support
- The most expensive tower fan on our list
How Do Tower Fans Work?
Now that we’ve checked out the top tower fans of 2020, let’s take a look at the science behind these units.
While most fans simply push air forward in a singular motion, tower fans are designed to pull air in and propel it forward in a wide arc. What this does is provide better cooling and more airflow in your room.
This is all thanks to the unique impeller blade design of the tower fan. When the motor on the fan activates, the internal impeller blades draw the air from the room in. As the air is pulled into the inner chamber, it begins to circulate and flow.
As the air continues to circulate, it builds up energy until the air forces its way out in a powerful burst! While this process continues, your room starts to cool very quickly.
But that’s in the beginning. The best tower fans can do even more than that. Many tower fans come equipped with an array of extra features.
Extra Features of Tower Fans
- HEPA Filters. A HEPA filter, or high-efficiency particulate absorber, is a powerful air filter that removes toxic particulates.
- Ionizers. An ionizer uses a high voltage charger to electrically charge the air molecules in the room and remove airborne contaminants.
- Unique Exhaust Systems. Depending on the type of tower fan you choose, the exhaust system can add extra circulation to the room.
Always be sure to check the specifications of the model you’re thinking about buying. These extra perks can make or break your purchase.
Why Buy a Tower Fan?
There are a ton of reasons why you should buy a tower fan. For starters, they’re a very effective and inexpensive way to stay cool.
They don’t take up much space, and they’re light and affordable. Honestly, tower fans are the perfect choice for cooling things down in a pinch.
There are many places you can use your tower fan.
- Living Area
- Studio or Dorm
- Traveling RV
But that’s only the beginning! There are numerous reasons why a tower fan is a right choice for your space.
Check out some of the reasons why tower fans are the best choice for your home.
- Convenient. The top tower fans are super convenient to use. As long as you have a 115V outlet to plug it into, your tower fan is ready to keep you going in a moment’s notice.
- Effective. Tower fans are very effective at keeping rooms cool. While they’re naturally not as strong as AC units, you can still expect your room to drop a few degrees in temperature and maintain steady airflow.
- Portable. Since they’re so light and easy to move, tower fans are a great choice when you need cool multiple rooms. When you move from one to another, simply grab it and take it with you.
- Easy installation. Tower fans feature easy installation. In fact, many tower fans are ready to go right out of the box! Simply plug it in, turn it on, and enjoy as your room begins to cool.
- Affordable. Ultra affordability is another huge perk of tower fans! While they’re more expensive than their standard fan counterparts, they’re much more reasonable than a full air conditioning unit. While not as powerful, you can still expect a much cooler room with tower fans.
Plus, the installation of your tower fan is a breeze. As for maintenance? Once you understand how your fan works, cleaning is a cinch.
Benjamin is a gadgeteer and homebody who loves writing about the latest smart home technology. He is particularly interested in covering smart home products that automate (or make more efficient) mundane tasks that every home owner and apartment dweller face on a daily basis.